Meghan specialises in representing medical and health care professionals in their many practice challenges as well as individuals and small to medium sized private business clients, assisting them in a wide range of areas in their business and personal lives.
Meghan holds the position of principal at Burke & Associates, joining our team after extensive experience at several law firms such as McMasters’ Solicitors, Maurice Blackburn Commercial and Goldman Legal.
Meghan’s clients benefit from her broad reaching strategic advice, problem solving and negotiation skills, and her holistic approach and care for her clients.
In addition to being admitted as a legal practitioner in Australia, Meghan also recently undertook the New York and Multi-State Bar Examination to enable fully qualified legal practice in multiple states of the USA.
Meghan has great interest in charity, aid and development work both in Australia and overseas, sitting as a board member of the Indigenous Education Foundation (Mentawai, Indonesia). Until merger with SurfAid in 2014, Meghan was child protection officer and director of Sumba Foundation Australia. Meghan has also assisted in the establishment of health promotion charities such as Leila Rose Foundation.
Outside of the law, she enjoys photography, travelling and training in boxing, crossfit, and muay thai kickboxing (black singlet level).
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning) (RMIT)
- Currently undertaking the Australian Institute of Company Directors – Company Directors Course
- Certificate from Australian Aid International - Introduction to Humanitarian Operations
- Admitted to practice as a legal practitioner in Australia’s State and Federal jurisdictions
- Admitted to practice as a legal practitioner in the New York State Bar, United States of America
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria Health Law Committee, Administrative Law & Human Rights Section
- Member of the Australian Association of Practice Management
- Member of the Law Council of Australia, SME Committee and e-Commerce Committee, Business Law Section
- Member of the Law Institute of Litigation Executive and Victoria Court Practice Committee of the Litigation Section
- Member of the American Bar Association, Business Law, Dispute Resolution, Forum on Construction Law, Health Law, Litigation and Senior & Younger Lawyers Divisions
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
Publications and Papers
- Paper submitted in Children Rights & The Law (University of Melbourne) short listed for publication in Children Rights Law Journal
- Contributor for Australian Association of Practice Management's (AAPM) Quarterly Magazine